Translate

Tuesday 28 June 2016

The book of the Prophet Jeremiah Chapter 1

 

 

The book of the Prophet Jeremiah 

Chapter 1




1. The words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, of the priests who were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin, 2. to whom the word of the LORD came in the days of King Josiah son of Amon of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign. 3. It came also in the days oof King Jehoiakim son of Josiah of Judah, and until the end of the eleventh year of King Zedekiah son of Josiah of Judah, until the captivity of Jerusalem in the fifth month.




(Book of Prophet Jeremiah Chapter 1 verses 1 to 3)



Oh God, my Father, I thank You for speaking to us by means of Your Word, even though at times we may not always understand the message or its meaning. Thank You for sending us prophets even during our times. Many people have been and are still being prophetic in what they are saying. Street preachers and others in the Church have long since been preaching the need of redemption while there is still a chance of changing our ways. Amen, let us all pay heed of the messages that You are sending us by means of such people. Oh God, You are also speaking to us by means of nature, that is behaving really strange, for instance in Malta in the summertime which is known to be the prime time for sunny periods we are still experiencing periods of rain showers. As everyone claims the world climate is in a state of change and is not as t was used to be. I pray oh God that if there are people who are responsible for such meddling in nature, You take them under Your control and stop them from causing more harm Amen.  



4. Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, 5. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you a prophet to the nations." 6. Then I said, "Ah, LORD GOD! Truly I do not know how to speak, for I am only a boy." 7. But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a boy' for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and you shall speak whatever I command you. 8. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you." 9. Then the LORD put out his hand and touched my mouth; and the LORD said to me, "Now I have put my words in your mouth 10. See, today I appoint you over nations and over kingdoms to pluck up and to pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."



(Book of Prophet Jeremiah Chapter 1 verses 4 to 10)




Way back in 2003 when I published my first posts on the book of Genesis, I was totally scared, because as I was warned by particular people in the Church by publishing posts on the Bible I was walking on ice. One false move and I end up in big trouble. This was followed by an episode when I had to delete eight chapters of the book of Genesis because I had been accused of plagiarism. Throughout all of such episodes, You kept on encouraging me and gave me the needed support by a Franciscan Friar who encouraged me to change my style and move on. However, since then oh God my Father, even though I have no background in theology or philosophy You have given me all it takes to continue praying and sharing such posts. I thank You oh God my Father for such encouragement Amen.



11. The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Jeremiah, what do you see? And I said, "I see a branch of an almond tree."12. Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over my word perform it." 13. The word of the LORD came to me a second time, saying, "What do you see? And I said, "I see a boiling pot, tilted away from the north."



(Book of Jeremiah Chapter 1 verses 11 to 13)



Oh God, my Father, when we do not understand what You mean by Your Word You give us another chance or opportunity on which, to reflect until we finally, get the message. I thank You, my God and Father, for being so patient, and understanding Amen.


14. Then the LORD said to me: Out of the north disaster shall break out on all the inhabitants of the land. 15. For now I am calling all the tribes of the kingdom of the north, says the LORD; and they shall come and all of them shall set their thrones at the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem, against all its surrounding walls and against all the cities of Judah. 16. And I will utter my judgments against them, for all their wickedness in forsaking me; they have made offerings to other gods, and worshipped the works of their own hands.


(Book of Jeremiah Chapter 1 verses 14 to 16)


Oh God, my Father, I sense that the forces of evil are about to launch a massive attack that will place Christianity in danger. The fault is totally ours oh God my Father, for we have shown more belief in the sciences and philosophy among others than in our faith in You, and now we are lost and confused within ourselves for we have focused on ourselves, however in ourselves we do not have the answers for all of our issues as we may think, for we depend totally on You for our existence for without You we, can do nothing. Amen.



 17. But you, gird up your loins; stand up and tell them everything that I command you. Do not break down before them . or I will break you before them. 18. And I for my part have made you today a fortified city, an iron pillar, and a bronze wall, against the whole land-against the kings of Judah, its princes, its priests, and the people of the land. 19. They will fight against you; but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you says the LORD, to deliver you.



(Book of Prophet Jeremiah Chapter 1 verses 17 to 19)



Oh God, my Father as much as You empowered, the young prophet Jeremiah, I feel that You are also empowering me to keep on sharing these posts, even though along the way I encountered opportunities of opposition and false accusations of plagiarism.



Oh God, my Father I would like to thank You for the calling that You have given me. This opportunity to share the message of the Bible as the fruit of prayer to all those who wish to pray by means of Your Word Amen. I pray that many people will benefit not from my insights and prayers alone but also from each verse of the Bible that You have given us as instruction on which to lead a way of life that is according to Your will Amen. Thank You Jesus.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment